2022 EFA-DT – Info & Submission Guidelines
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 . Timing will be confirmed in due course.
Venue: IESE Barcelona, Spain
FAQ: » Frequently Asked Questions about the EFA Doctoral Tutorial
Paper Submission & Application Period
- Submission link; https://www.conftool.com/phd-efa2022/
- Submission opens: February 15, 2022
- Submission closes: March 15, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. (13:00) CET (Central European Time)
- Notification: Early June 2022
Submission Information & Restrictions
EFA Annual Meeting & Doctoral Tutorial:
If you wish to submit to both events, you must make two separate submissions (via the two separate ConfTool systems & links). Please be aware that a paper submission to the EFA Annual Meeting made by a PhD student is not automatically considered for the EFA-DT.
Doctoral Tutorial & Doctoral Workshop:
A PhD student may not participate in nor apply for both EFA Doctoral Events (EFA-DT | EFA-DW) in the same year since these two full-day pre-conference sessions run in parallel on the same day.
Papers submitted by PhD students who have already been on the job market will not be considered. Students planning to join the job market in 2022/23 or later are welcome to apply for the 2022 EFA-DT.
EFA Membership & Conference Registration
PhD students submitting papers & applications for the EFA Doctoral Tutorial do not have to be current EFA members to be eligible for this pre-conference event. However, those students whose papers are accepted for presentation at the 2022 EFA-DT will be required to: (1) be or become EFA members for the calendar year, and (2) register for the 49th EFA Annual Meeting (which is a members-only event). Note that EFA-DT student stipends will be issued after the conference to help cover travel and membership costs applicable.
ConfTool is the online system used to submit papers & applications for the 2022 EFA Doctoral Tutorial. Once registered as a ConfTool User, submitters should follow the steps below.
Step One: Track choice
Select the Doctoral Tutorial track.
Step Two: Contribution information
Provide the required data on the Author and Contribution:
- Author (full name) and e-mail address
- Title of contribution
- Choose topic(s) from the list given on ConfTool
- Information about your PhD
- When did you start your PhD?
- Have you already been on the job market?
- Institutional or personal website
Step Three: Upload files
The contribution (student paper) can be uploaded via ConfTool. Note that authors may upload new versions of the submitted paper until the 15th of March – but not after the submission deadline has passed.
Submitting authors will be asked to upload three documents in PDF format:
- Anonymous Paper
- The first page should include the Title and the Abstract, but not the name of the Author!
- Preference will be given to work that is substantially advanced but not fully completed.
- Author's CV
- Official Application Letter on institutional letterhead (preferably signed & stamped with an official seal) issued from the home university stating the PhD student’s enrolment status and topic of doctoral research.
(NOTE: A Letter of Reference or Recommendation is not required for the EFA-DT.)
If you have any inquiries or encounter difficulties with the EFA-DT submission & application process, please contact the organizers via e-mail (email@example.com).